Effective date: March 19, 2022
Denim offers services and a financial platform providing invoice factoring and other services for freight brokers, carriers, and related technologies.
personal information we collect
Information you provide us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Services includes:
- Account and contact information, such as your first and last name, email address, address, driver’s license picture, social security number, and bank account routing and account number. We may also collect information to verify financial condition and creditworthiness.
- Information about your Customers and Vendors. We may collect information from you about your customers and vendors, including but not limited to name, address, email address, phone number, TIN, and financial information, based on your use of the Service and payment instructions.
- Payment transaction information. When you request, make, receive, record, or otherwise process a payment through Denim Wallet, we collect information about the payment transaction and the transacting parties, such as the date, time and location(s) of the transaction, identifying information of the sender and recipient, the payment or transfer amount(s), bank account information for the sender and/or recipient, a description of the transaction, and the service fees charged by Denim.
- Interests, usage, and connections, including information about your interests (if you choose to add them), and how you use the Services, such as the types of content you engage with, content you share, features you use, actions you take, and people or accounts you interact and connect with.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications, and details about your engagement with them.
- Communications that we exchange with users when they contact us with questions or feedback, including feedback about interacting with other users, and questions about purchasing.
We may combine personal information we receive from you with information we obtain from public sources, including the Solana blockchain and social media companies when you visit our pages.
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Services, our communications, and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as device IP address (and derived location), device name and operating system, browser type and settings, telecommunications provider, operating system, the date and time of Services use, and interactions with the Services.
- Online activity data, such as information about your use of and actions on the Services, including pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, frequency, and length of access. This information may be collected on our Services using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), web beacons, third-party software development kits (“SDKs”) and similar technologies described below.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Our website may use the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Services delivery, including to:
- Operate the Services and our business;
- Maintain and improve the Services and the Services’ features;
- To conduct background checks and determine your eligibility for our products;
- In connection with the sale of delinquent debt for collections purposes;
- Create and maintain your account;
- Facilitate user connections on our Services;
- Recommend pages, profiles, products, users to follow, and content that might be of interest to you;
- Process your transactions;
- Communicate with you about the Services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
- Provide support for the Services, and respond to your requests, questions, and feedback.
Research and Development
We may create and use de-identified information for our business purposes, including to analyze the effectiveness of our Services, to improve and add features to our Services, and to analyze the general behavior and characteristics of users of our Services. We may use this anonymous, aggregated, or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes.
Support and maintenance. We use third party analytics services to automatically log certain information about your device and how you interact with the Services. The information collected is used to troubleshoot and prevent errors, perform data analysis, and develop new features.
Compliance and protection. We may use personal information to:
- Protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Enforce the Terms of Service that govern the Services;
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
We may send you marketing communications via email as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Opt out of marketing communications section.
How we Share Personal Information
We may share personal information with:
Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Services or our business (such as hosting, analytics, customer support, email delivery, payment services, and identity verification services).
Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and Others
Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary to: (a) protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and (c) protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity.
Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale, or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Denim or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Third-Party Platforms and Social Media Networks
Disconnect Social Media Companies
When you connect your social media accounts to Denim, we notify those platforms. You may disconnect your social media accounts directly on the Services at any time.
Opt Out Of Marketing Communications
You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication we send you.
Online Tracking Opt Out
There are a number of ways to limit online tracking, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Other Apps & Sites
The Services may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
Processing of Personal Information in the U.S.
We are headquartered in the United States with affiliates and services providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may therefore be processed in the United States or transferred to other locations.
We employ a number of technical, organizational, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
The Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to Contact Us
You can reach us by email at email@example.com or at the following address:
BusBot Incorporated dba Denim
205 Hudson St, Fl 7
New York, NY 10013
Notice to California Residents
We are providing this supplemental privacy notice to Consumers in California, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Please note, we do not sell personal personal information.
The CCPA grants California residents the following rights:
- The sources through which we collect California residents’ personal information and the types of personal information collected in the Personal Information We Collect section.
- The purposes for which we use and share this information in the How We Use Personal Information section and the How We Share Personal Information section.
- Access. You can request a copy of the personal information that we maintain about you.
- Deletion. You can ask to delete the personal information that we maintain about you.
The CCPA limits these rights. For example, companies may not provide users in response to access requests certain sensitive information and other consumers’ personal information, and may exclude information that would compromise the confidentiality of trade secrets. The CCPA also places limits on when companies must comply with a deletion request.
You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
Here is how you can submit requests:
- To request access to or deletion of personal information collected, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855.250.4142.
- To verify your identity prior to responding to your requests, we may ask you to confirm information that we have on file about you or your interactions with us. Where we ask for additional personal information to verify your identity, we will only use it to verify your identity or your authority to make the request on behalf of another consumer.
- Authorized agents. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with the CCPA.
Notice to European Data Subjects
The information provided in this “Notice to European Users” section applies only to individuals in Europe.
Legal Basis for Processing
Use For New Purposes
Sensitive Personal Information
We ask that you not provide us with any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Services, or otherwise to us.
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish or defend legal claims, or for fraud prevention purposes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Cross-Border Data Transfer
If we transfer your personal information from Europe to another country such that we are required to apply appropriate safeguards to your personal information under European data protection laws, we will do so. Please contact us for further information about any such transfers or the specific safeguards applied.
European data protection laws may give you certain rights regarding your personal information. If you are located in Europe, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:Access.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You may submit these requests by email to email@example.com or our postal address provided above. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or our response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.